Tuesday, February 14, 2017

San Antonio, Zambales: Pundaquit Beach, Camara Island, Capones Island and Anawangin Cove

This post is long overdue but let's just pretend that I posted this on schedule (haha!) which should be on the first week of January. I started 2016 by going to the beach but that was for the purpose of my thesis. I concluded the year the same way but for a totally different reason, just for relaxation and a quick escape from the work-home routine!
I stayed 2 days at Pundaquit Beach in San Antonio, Zambales with the whole family. We just relaxed, ate and stayed in the pool on our first day- something I wish I can do atleast once a week hahaha!


I always look forward to watching sunsets whenever I'm on a beach, and I don't think I need to explain why. What a beautiful sight. We woke up early the next day for island hopping.

Camara Island
The waves were really strong that day but I was surprisingly calm lol maybe because I missed the sea so much after spending loooong days in an office.
Unfortunately, we weren't able to dock here because of the huge waves. The water looks calm in photos though!

Capones Island
We had the whole island for ourselves!
You can see how huge these towering rock formations are. There is also a lighthouse here but the family's not much into hiking so we just skipped that. 
We left after filling our ~eyes & hearts~ with the view since the waves are starting to get stronger. We actually saw other tourist boats attempting to dock at Capones Island but left instead because of the waves.

Anawangin Cove
From Capones, it took us 45 minutes to reach the famous Anawangin Cove. It is part of the main island but separated by mountains so going by boat is the only option (if I'm not mistaken).
I fell in love with this place!!!!!! It was not crowded during our visit so we really enjoyed swimming and playing around the beach.
Got myself a bamboo speakers!
The combination of mountain and beach makes me want to stay here for atleast another day or two. But sadly, we had to go home to prepare for NYE celebration.

There are other coves in Zambales that I am planning to visit next time! For now, I'll be waiting for holidays so I can have some time off from office.

No comments:

Post a Comment