Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Hello 2019 + looking back at 2017 (2018 in part 2)

Wow, my previous post was exactly a year (and 4 days) ago, so much for promising to be active here again. Reflecting in the past years, it's just sad to lose your passion for a lot of things. Personally, my interest in blogging, photography and even video editing have toned down incredibly. Sadly, I'm not sure how to get back at those things again.

Career-wise, I'm still working as a homebased graphic designer for an Australian company. Fortunately, I've been promoted to a higher position and the pay's good enough to sustain my travel bug needs. Though cons, I'm feeling a bit down lately maybe because working-from-home really does keep you away from socializing.

I also realized that I've been feeling low-spirited because I don't do anything besides work. I don't have any small/side projects that I used to enjoy (specifically this-blogging & writing). So I'm giving this a shot once again, I feel like this is a really great way to express my thoughts and I just want to share all these nice things and places I've been to. 😀

A lot of catching up to do so here's a photo dump of all things interesting that happened last 2017:

San Juan, La Union

A famous surf town up North. I remember talking to two of my closest college friends and ranting about how stressful adulting and work life was when we decided to hit the beach just to have a break from all the hustle and bustle of the city.
Flotsam & Jetsam 
We stayed at an open air kubo in Urbiz Garden Bed & Breakfast. So peaceful and serene!

Boracay

A family beach trip! This was Boracay before it was closed for a 6-month rehabilitation last year.
It was very crowded 😪 I wasn't able to do any activity as well because ya girl brought her work to vacation 😜
Fortunately, I was able to go back to Boracay last month- but more of that maybe in a separate blogpost haha. Btw, sand castles are prohibited now as it damages the beach landscape.

Hong Kong

First out of the country trip and I'm with my high school besties. So hard to choose which photos I should post here so here are the ones that got chosen to be on my instagram hahaha (ps. I also had a hard time curating these)
There was a typhoon on our 2nd or 3rd day and it was signal no. 8 so everything was closed. We were supposed to go on a ferry to Macau but no trips were allowed that day 😢. Maybe next time Macau. 

Ilocos

Family road trippppp. Ilocos was atleast a 12-hour drive from Manila and my dad's the only one driving in our family! It's a province with very rich historical significance. Beautiful churches and old houses are their main attractions.
The parentals at Bantay Bell Tower
Safari Gallery in Baluerte
Paoay Church
Bangui Windmills

I originally planned to include everything from 2017-2018 in this post but realized halfway through writing that it'll be reaaaaally long! I'll be back in part 2, hopefully I can post that next week 😛 I also need to catch up on blogs that I'm following. 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment